FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Beijing Wangfujing {CHN}
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:46 pm
whimsey21

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by EightBall
Has anyone stayed with a family in a King Deluxe (base level) room?

I would like to book this hotel for my family (2 adults and a child). But when I put our party into the Hilton website it forces us into the King Deluxe Plus room type at a significant upcharge. However, booking.com allows me to book the same party into the base room. The base King Deluxe room is described as being over 500 sq ft, so I don't see any problems fitting child (and air mattress) in it, unless this is for some reason forbidden by the hotel. In addition, I think there is a fair chance of an upgrade as I am Diamond.

I will be contacting the property as I would rather book direct (and even moreso would rather use points), but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with this issue.
Several years ago I stayed with my wife and 2 kids in a base level king room. There was plenty of space for the family and, like you, we used an air mattress for the older child (the younger one slept in the king bed with us). I booked the room for 2 and contacted the hotel directly to tell them about the kids. They also gave us lounge access although I was only Gold. - that was my first family trip with use of a lounge, and we were so spoiled that it has become a necessity...