FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa {FJI}
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:58 am
SanDiego1K
Community Director Emerita

I booked a one night stay in their top category, a beach front suite. This cost 60K points instead of 40K points for an entry level room. I had two goals:
  1. quick access to airport for an early morning departure
  2. desire to have a beautiful view of the water and hopefully walk directly out onto the sand
I achieved the first but not the second. The hotel is a narrow band of two story buildings. We were taken by golf cart to our room, a substantial distance from the lobby. Our suite was on the second floor. The balcony had a stucco wall such that when seated in the suite there was virtually not view. And the 2nd floor meant no walk out to the beach. The room description was such that I assumed I had that ground floor walk out so didn't ask appropriate questions. It took so long to get to the room that I decided against my usual technique of asking for an improved location. I should have done so as I was really disappointed.

The suite was comfortable. It looked like a time share property with a kitchen that included a dishwasher and a full set of dishes and a washer dryer in the closet area. There was a large gas barbecue on the deck. The lobby was tatty particularly in comparison to the beautiful Marriott Momi Bay from where we had just come. We were at the hotel so briefly that we did not use any of its services.

The hotel is on Denarau Island with a myriad of other hotels. The island reminds me of many such settings around the world, nicely landscaped, set aside for tourism. There were a number of hotels and shops at the harbor.