Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa {FJI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa {FJI}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2003, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa {FJI}

Fyi:

http://www.hiltonfiji.com/

Looks like this will be a nice resort.

[This message has been edited by keywestbars (edited 06-30-2003).]
Old Jun 30, 2003, 10:03 am
Original Poster

more fyi:

http://www.denarau.com/INV/FUTURE/HILTON/hilton.htm
Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:21 pm

Programs: Mr Swise: AAdvantage LifetimePlt/3MM, HH Dmnd, SPG Plt
Wow... I want a reward stay there. I wonder what sort of upgrades they'll offer.

It doesn't look like it's exclusively timeshares. From glancing at the two sites it looks like they'll be accommodating regular stays as well. Can anyone confirm?
Old Apr 24, 2004, 8:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Unhappy Hilton Fiji looking very non-existent today...

Bula!

Given the Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa (Denarau) was SUPPOSED to originally open September 2003 , and the photos on the website show Caterpillar tracks on sand, I suspect the old Fijian maxim "Sega na leqa" is ruling here (pronounced "sengah nuh LENN-gah", meaning, essentially, "no worries" and related to the Caribbean "no problem, mon!" - may also affect service on occasion - "laid back" to say the least, though it's not about being unfriendly or personal; "Fiji time" is just not the same as "English time".

Too bad. I love Fiji, and a land stay for a few days would be nice...

BTW, the cheapest airfare might be FJ (now Fiji Airways - née Air Pacific - I corrected this from Air Fiji, which is a local carrier ), which flies from LAX - also as QF and AA codeshares, for you miles clippers. A counter upgrade to Tabua (tom-BOO-uh) class on their leased-in SQ 747-400s (now being replaced with new Airbius A300-200s) can often be purchased for US$750 each way. The new Tabua (tom-BOO-uh) class seats are angled flat beds.

I use Pacific Islands Travel in Pacific Harbour for my best rates; they are associated with the excellent liveaboard dive boat NAI'A.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 2, 2013 at 10:59 am Reason: update with all the changes
Old Apr 24, 2004, 8:45 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by JDiver
BTW, the cheapest airfare might be FJ (Air Fiji), which flies from LAX - also as QF and AA codeshares, for you miles clippers. A counter upgrade to Tabua (tom-BOO-uh) class on their leased-in SQ 747-400s can often be purchased for US$750 each way. Not lie-flat sleeper seats, it's the old SQ almost-flat seat and fairly comfy.
For those coming from the other direction, Air NZ introduces Pacific Express on 20 May which is a major saving on the cheapest fares. There are also various charters operating or looking to set up, from Australia and NZ.
Old Apr 25, 2004, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
The airline mentioned above is Air Pacific.

I don't suppose there's a chance of this place opening by January 2005 is there?

Last edited by Altaflyer; Apr 25, 2004 at 6:00 am
Old Apr 25, 2004, 6:45 am

The goal was to finish September 2003, and the only photos of "current progress" show tracks in the sand. I'd not want to make book on it being finished by January 2005, myself. Not at this pace. Mind you, my crystal ball is a bit hazy

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
<snip>I don't suppose there's a chance of this place opening by January 2005 is there?
Old Jun 27, 2004, 3:00 pm

Unhappy Progress report - NONE!

Bula! veitau,

Progress report - Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa, Denarau Island, Fiji.

Apparently, not any? The web site is still "under construction", the latest photos to post on the website date to Jan 2004 and show the sand at the beach has been shoved aournd adn smoothed down by earthmovers. Of course, they will sell you a timeshare anyway... and they have floor plans:

Three Bedroom Beachfront Villa
Two Bedroom Premium Beachfront Villa
Two Bedroom Deluxe Beachfront Villa
Two Bedroom Beachfront Villa
One Bedroom Beachfront Villa
Studio Beachfront Villa

I've e-mailed a query, and if/when receive a reply, I'll post here. The folks at the nearby Sheraton Denarau must be laughing all the way to the bank!

ni sa moce
Old Feb 4, 2005, 9:13 pm

Bula,

Sent off some e-mails to new listed contacts today - we'll see how it is going with the Hilton Fiji Beach Resort and Spa (Denarau) supposed to open Sept 2003. I found some papers where the Fiji Development Bank refused a loan when the developers upped it unilaterally from US$10M to US$12M, but that's very old news.

Any news from anyone out there? Vinaka for any at all...

ni sa moce, JDiver
Old Dec 10, 2005, 4:47 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
I have been waiting to get back to fiji for ages.Currently looking at plans for 2007-think I have any chance of hilton being there by then?
At least on the website there is now some building but this sure is a saga.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 4:35 pm

Wink Hilton Denarau - a kava dream?

2007? Maybe - but I still see no indication of a Denarau / Fiji property on the various H websites yet, and the only photos are stock photos of Fiji; the closest one to the property location is one of the golf course. Frustrating, as I'd like to spend an AXON there sometime... get a steak at the little restaurant on the bay... and get a relax after or before a dive trip.

Originally Posted by drron
I have been waiting to get back to fiji for ages.Currently looking at plans for 2007-think I have any chance of hilton being there by then?
At least on the website there is now some building but this sure is a saga.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 5:30 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
2007? Maybe - but I still see no indication of a Denarau / Fiji property on the various H websites yet, and the only photos are stock photos of Fiji; the closest one to the property location is one of the golf course. Frustrating, as I'd like to spend an AXON there sometime... get a steak at the little restaurant on the bay... and get a relax after or before a dive trip.
Welcome back. People were wondering where you were.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 5:41 pm

Thanks! We've been off in southern Mexico on an archaeological and culture trip with friends from Oz. One new Hilton in Mexico (Villahermosa, Tabasco at the airport; we didn't stop, drove by,) and soon there should be an Embassy Suites in downtown Mexico City.

Even Mexico City was cool, on our way back (not to mention smoggy.) Hilton Denarau should be one answer to the winter chills ...

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Welcome back. People were wondering where you were.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:49 pm

So is this hotel becoming vaporware? I'm dissapointed, would like to spend April '07 in Fiji.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 4:06 pm

Programs: QF Gold MB Gold Elite
I think your chances of a stay in Apr 07 are fair to good.

When I was on Denarau in December we drove past the site a couple of times and they were certainly out of the ground, however knowing that things in Fiji take twice as long to accomplish than anywhere else, a completion date would be hard to calculate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.