FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK ... staff issues - just a one off ?
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:06 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MGUK
I have never experienced these when asking for a reprint of a boarding pass (not talking about the ID check). One has to take a lot from the TSA staff, most of us just get on with it. But are these the standards we should accept as a norm at the BA First Class check-in at JFK? From what LondonElite suggesting, yes.
I have experienced these questions occasionally - though luckily the underlying boarding pass issue for PreCheck is now fixed. Personally I think if the staff ask a few straightforward and entirely predictable questions, which only takes a few seconds, it's probably best to hold off reminding them how to do their job. Particularly when you are correct! The alternative is DYKWIA by any meaning of the phrase. Instead a smile, some self deprecation and a helpful disposition will make the experience more pleasant for both you and the staff, as well as faster. In particular I don't see what value your parting shot would be - and doing it in an amicable fashion is no excuse - other than for DYKWIA purposes. And they have seen it all before - welcome to New York. It's not entirely surprising some staff react badly if this [thread general content] is the sort of behaviour they have to handle.

The whole point of hefty status is that you really, truly don't need to remind anyone of how frequent a traveller you are.