FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Alaska Airlines card
View Single Post
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:29 pm
RobertHanson

Originally Posted by yngdiego
I opened an AS personal and Biz account in the last two months and met the minimum spend. Miles for both posted. I got a hard copy flyer in the mail for a personal card with a 40K mile offer, with an offer code. Can I get a second personal card with the flyer offer code? 40K miles with 2K spend.
Most likely not. First of all, there is the B/A 2/3/4 rule, so you would have to wait a few weeks.

But worse (quothe the WikI):

Can I apply for another personal Alaska card if I have one open already?
Some people still can, but these days many people get denied. If you don't want to risk getting denied, it's probably better if you close any existing personal Alaska cards before applying for another one. But
be sure to lower credit limit as low as possible at least a few business days before you close the card (though the earlier you can do it the better), because credit limit that's left on the card when you close it stays unavailable to new card applications for a year or more (while credit limit that's lowered as a separate step becomes available to new card applications much sooner)!

So apparently not impossible, just very unlikely. Assuming you wait 2 months from those previous apps. But the more apps you've done in the past year or two, with ANY bank, the less likely you'll be approved, due to MAC (multiple applications for credit).