FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frequent Flyer News Straight From the Horse's Mouth! (Finally)
Old Feb 19, 2002, 3:18 pm
RichardMEL

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
hmm. awaiting the full details to be released such as upgrade requirements/awards (if any) and so on. That's all I used my points for anyway (domestic upgrades). Interesting that they tie you to flying 2 AN flights before you can get an award elsewhere - not unexpected (most of the oneworld members do something similar in that you can only earn elite status with them if you fly at least 4 segments on the "home" carrier). UA for example doesn't do this.

The whole thing seems to be rather slack to me. They've changed the name (boring) but not even bothered to change the elite level names (even more boring) so the requirements will likely still be very similar as before (ie: more expensive to obtain than on other * programs). It's almost like they pulled the old GR out of mothballs, put a bit of a shine on it and added some bonuses to lure people back and that's it. Sorry, but that's not good enough. If I was QF I'd be laughing all the way to the gate on that one - their program is still the best in the country, and they know it.

However, we'll have to wait and see the full details released today before full comment can be passed.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.