FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - News: Ansett talks drag on over fine detail
Old Feb 18, 2002, 6:43 pm
RichardMEL

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Koala:
Richard - just an opinion, but could you consider posting your continued updates under one topic "news", rather than starting a new topic every time.
No problem if you think otherwise, but just my preference is not to have a huge # of new blow by blow topics added to update what is essentially one topic - the resurrection of AN. Your providing the info is most helpful for those who do not read Australian papers.
Koala
</font>
Koala - it is an absolutely fair point, and I do agree with you. The problem is that news breaks here so quickly, or new items crop up that if I waited till, for example, the end of the day to post 3/4 articles into 1, the news factor may well be lost. Besides, in a way I feel it is a useful document in a way to look back at the twists and turns, or even the different media biases.

I started putting "news" as a heading so people would know it was just a copy from a news source and so on.

I realise it makes for a lot of clutter, but in a way that also represents the mess that this whole thing is.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.