FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overstaying FMM due to crossing over into Mexico again via land
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:28 am
Icmachi

Overstaying FMM due to crossing over into Mexico again via land

Overstaying FMM/Tourist Card due to crossing over into Mexico again via land and only getting 7 days on the card.

Basically I flew into Mexico (Cancun) about 11 days ago. As part of the trip, we crossed over to Belize to do snorkelling and crossed over to Guatemala to see Tikal. Then we'd head back in to Mexico and fly out from Cancun. I had to surrender my original FMM when we crossed over to Belize and was charged with an exit fee, but that's beside the point.

When I crossed over into Mexico over land via Belize, the immigration officer only gave me 7 days on my FMM. I only realized this afterwards, which sucks.

My flight out of Cancun won't be for another 1.5 weeks or so. Which means I'll be basically overstaying the FMM for 4-5 days.

Any idea on what happens when I try to fly out? Do I get fined or have to pay a fee? Everything I've read online has been so inconsistent or threads go into weird tangents and go off topic. Any insight would be much appreciated. Will be flying out of Cancun Airport.