FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Casa Alitalia new lounges at FCO and MXP
View Single Post
Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:04 am
AlicorporateUK

Originally Posted by urww
AlicorporateUK, thanks a lot!

I'm about to book a flight with 3 hours connection @ FCO. Some of flights to my destination (SVO) depart from E11-E24, others from a satelite. I would be fine to spend 2 hours in a decently looking Piazza di Spagna, but if it's not possible I just book an other option. From my memories the Alitalia lounge at a satellite was plain terrible she I was there in 2011, 2013 and 2014.
No worries. And yes, I can confirm that the new lounge (30 seconds' walk past the duty free as soon as you clear passports) is truly worth it both in terms of comfort and mostly catering, with plenty of choices (no exaggeration whatsoever in saying that the lounge is amongst the best I've ever visited in Europe).

That said, the Casa Alitalia lounge at the satellite (i.e. E31-E44) is virtually the same (yes, it's been refurbished a couple of years back) and even quieter so no worries on that front either.

Enjoy!

P.S.: most flights to SVO tend to depart from the main concourse i.e. that's where Piazza di Spagna is located but, again, you have 2 excellent options there regardless.

G