FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Back and Boost / Buy Up Status for 2019
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:51 pm
Head

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Originally Posted by HLCinCOU
I'd give something like $2k to go EXP->CK. That's probably higher than warranted strictly-financially, but winning pretty much every upgrade list and the invaluable cool factor would be worth it to me. Of course I'd be the slumming CK that actually cares about upgrades; most of those guys are flying in paid-J anyway so who cares? IMO CK is way more valuable to all of us that won't ever get it than it is to the people who actually wil

Sir, are you making a mockery of these proceedings!? Oh, right, good then, that's what I was doing too...

Ha. Not making a mockery. Was genuinely curious, as when I checked I didn’t have any flights booked. I’ll now cross the EP threshold this week with miles, and the segments will follow in the next two weeks.

I like to think of myself as a CK anomaly. If I’m not flying TPAC then I’m required to book coach (whatever Concur spits out), so the 100% Upgrade is important to me. The Caddy is just icing on the cake. Last year, I made 8 (I think) TPACs in J (all DFW-HKG for the TPAC segments), this year, 0. I have made several TATL flights, but they are booked in whatever coach class Concur spits out. I have been able to use 9 of 10 SWUs. The other J was the only option when booking.