FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Meliá Yangon Hotel Review (11-2018)
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:48 am
tkelvin69

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Meliá Yangon Hotel Review (11-2018)

Check In Excellent. Taken directly to the level lounge for check in. Nice welcome and arrival drink. Room Floor 22 - RM 2225. Beautifully done with nice view of the lake. Clean and well furnished. Came back from evening cocktails and room was turned down with 6 bottles of water delivered! A bit of street noise but okay during sleeping. Tip: The upgrade to the level room is worth it. Better room, great view, lounge access with good evening food selection and 8 choices of liquor. I initially booked the level but the second stay couldn't do it with reservations. While I was there on the first visit I asked about upgrading from the deluxe to the level and was able to do so for $50/nt. This was much cheaper than the website. Apparently you can do this on check-in but risk not having rooms available. Be advised they have smoking rooms. I was emailed in advance my preference but do make a note of your preference to the hotel. Service This is an example of what hotel service should be like. Everything and everyone was just outstanding. Dining Very nice breakfast selection with plenty of well spaced stations and tables so crowding wasn't an issue. Quality was good. Location Not familiar with yangon but the view is spectacular with a moon set in the morning and sunset in the evening. Overall Just loved this place and certainly would put it in the top 10 of hotel chains I've stayed. Best Asian hotel so far.