Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Meliá Yangon Hotel Review (11-2018)

Old Nov 23, 2018, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K

melia yangon

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

melia yangon

192 Kaba Aye Pagoda Road Township, Yangon, Myanmar MM 11201

Great place (0 Photo)

melia yangon

Check In

Excellent.  Taken directly to the level lounge for check in.  Nice welcome and arrival drink.

Room

Floor 22 - RM 2225.  Beautifully done with nice view of the lake.  Clean and well furnished.  Came back from evening cocktails and room was turned down with 6 bottles of water delivered!  A bit of street noise but okay during sleeping.

Tip:  The upgrade to the level room is worth it.  Better room, great view, lounge access with good evening food selection and 8 choices of liquor.  I initially booked the level but the second stay couldn't do it with reservations.  While I was there on the first visit I asked about upgrading from the deluxe to the level and was able to do so for $50/nt.  This was much cheaper than the website.  Apparently you can do this on check-in but risk not having rooms available.  

Be advised they have smoking rooms.  I was emailed in advance my preference but do make a note of your preference to the hotel.

Service

This is an example of what hotel service should be like.  Everything and everyone was just outstanding.

Dining

Very nice breakfast selection with plenty of well spaced stations and tables so crowding wasn't an issue.  Quality was good.

Not familiar with yangon but the view is spectacular with a moon set in the morning and sunset in the evening.

Overall

Just loved this place and certainly would put it in the top 10 of hotel chains I've stayed.  Best Asian hotel so far.

Great place

Would you like to write a review on the melia yangon?

No, thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.