FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA "Special Fare" (AA Vacations, TYP, MR, etc.) Questions, EQD, Issues (merged)
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:26 pm
HLCinCOU

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
That's fair. I would agree that, in my experience, points/miles generally get credited in the way I would expect them to.
Well, frequently they post in unexpected ways because of some kind of reticketing. But usually in the "other direction" that is, something that should post by fare posted by distance instead. That makes sense; these are just the "system lost the fare" cases. And if those are unfavorable to you, it's generally easy to get them fixed.

Originally Posted by flyingeph12
With Citi TYP bookings in particular, I don't have a ton of experience, which is why I referenced those other accounts. Of course, even if tickets with "bulk fare" in the fare rules should post as special fares, that doesn't necessarily mean the converse (i.e., the lack of "bulk fare" in the fare rules means it will post as fare) is true, right? In other words, will Citi bookings post as special fare only if the fare rules indicate it is a "bulk fare"?
Yes: if it doesn't say bulk fare or wholesale in the rules, it will not post as a special fare. In the same circumstances I mentioned earlier it might post as "data unavailable" and then earn by distance that way, but that's true of any ticket.