FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lighting Chanukah Candles in EWR C Term.
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:50 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by saccoNY

great questions/ suggestions. Thanks. I've read you can take a lighter on a plane...only one though...that should work. Yes, the 30 mins is why I would want a space that we wouldn't get "found out" or we could do it quickly somewhere and 'pray' we didn't get noticed...LOL. Was thinking of the following: 1) dayroom at the Marriott for $99. (have to leave the airport and pay $ and deal with the hassle, maybe not technically OK to light them in the room....) 2) I remember there is a smoking patio outside term C, near the elevator (it's out of security but we wouldn't have to trapse across the parking lot, etc. But dont know how protected from the elements it is...wind, cold, etc. and we would technically need a table or a chair to raise the Channukiah up a bit from the ground.).

I called GS and their off the cuff response was "you can't have open flame anywhere in the terminal". But then I asked what do the kitchens do in the restaurants...LOL..."good question" I was told....
I called the interfaith chapel too...thank you for that suggestion and left a voice message.

anyway, there is a solution.....just need to find it!!
​​​​​​​Where will you get the oil? If it's more than the TSA liquids limit, you won't be able to carry it on board; and I don't think flammable liquids can be carried in a checked bag -- and even if they can be, unless you are traveling on two separate tickets, I doubt that UA would permit you to short-check the bag to EWR.