FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Top 10 Wishlist for AN Frequent Flyer
Old Feb 1, 2002, 3:25 pm
ANDREWCX

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
Well, I wouldn't necessarily suggest anything revolutionary, more some *Alliance standards like;

* Plastic membership cards for all members (especially if they plan on charging $82.50 to join)

* Points & status based on mileage and segments like most of the other *Alliance members. Levels would need to be set lowish maybe 10k Silver, 35k Gold, 100k Gold+ (combo of Thai and AC levels) - if they don't do this then its wise for flyers to stay with other *Alliance programs even if they fly AN.

* 100% points for all discount economy flights

* Quickly get as many ground based bonus partners as possible - especially energy (now there is deregulation), health care, insurance and other recuring charges, plus the usual hotel, rental care etc.

* Make sure program extends to regional airlines so there is enough coverage for most flyers to compete with QF.

* Upgrades issued in a similar fashion to UA MP upgrades

* Bonus miles for elites 25% Silver, 50% Gold, 100% Gold+ on all AN operated flights.

as I said, nothing revolutionary. I think it would be far better for AN to use a simple, well understood model that is similar to the majority of *Alliance, similar to QF, and competitive compared to both.