FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Indianapolis [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:48 am
Cupart

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
LeMeridien Indianapolis [Master Thread]

Check In Came to the hotel relatively late on a Saturday evening and checkin went fast as I had dome the online in-app checking prior. Still had to show my CC for verification. Room Had a room on the 8th floor (room 8XX) 1-22 rooms down the corridor to the right when exiting the elevator/lift. Spacious room with enourmous (though a tad short) bed, couch, desk and chair.Bathroom OK and for once a shower that didn't spill water over the whole place.Major issues - Woke up a good number of times byWhat sounded like a tumble dryer kicking in throughout the nightThe door did not keep the corridore light out so the room got litt upGuest room doors slammed badly when closing these so woke up when someone had a very early morning or a late nightAircondition also very noisy but quite effective so got used the the sound after a few nights. Service Very standard, but didn't realoy use any such other than asking for a taxi to be called for the airport when checking out Dining Did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment. You do, though, kind of walk through the restaurant/bar when entering the hotel, and it seemed to be packed most evenings. Staff would always greet and smile when passing by so seemed grand enough... Location Very bang on in the middle of Indianapolis and in walking distance to most down town business. There is also a direct entrance to the shopping mall which is quite handy, but a tad difficult to navigater to and from (I only managed once to find it from the shopping arcade :-D).Lots of restaurants in walking distance from the hotel as well as your usual well known branded coffee place(s).There is a valet which most of the time made sure the door was held open when arriving and leaving the premises. Overall So, because of the poor sleep I had on top of jetlag from Europe I will never return to the Le Meridien Indianapolis. Not only because of the interruption of sleep but also because:At check out I was asked if I wanted the receipt mailed to my address as per my SPG/Marriot account. I get marketing mails without issues but never received the receipt I was promised.Received a mail from Le Meridien (E*** G***) and was told they would add 5'000 points to my account which never materialized.Sent a mail to request the receipt and asked where the 5'000 points had gone. Never received a replyThe gym is very very small so had to return to my room at 06:15 as all cardio machines (there are about 3 or 4 I think) were occupied. The gym is otherwise pretty well stocked with a water cooler and towels and a few weights.