Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Indianapolis [Master Thread]

Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Just saw this in the daily news update - Caterbury Hotel will close for 9 months and reopen as a Le Meridian.

http://www.ibj.com/canterbury-to-clo.../article/43681
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Car art?
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Too bad that can't take over the whole block and move the entrance - to have Le Meridien on S Meridian.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
I frequently stay downtown Indy, glad to see this. I'm getting bored with the Sheraton and Westin downtown. ^
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, American Platinum
Just had a fantastic one night stay here.

I think the door staff at a hotel really can set the stage. The guys working the door are super friendly, helpful, grabbed my luggage, asked for my name, and introduced me to the front desk staff.

Check in was quick, friendly and efficient. And I always like when they say "Mr. Cohighcountry1k, thank you for your loyalty. We have, of course, upgraded you to a very nice suite."

Let me step back. The entrance is quite small, with the restaurant and bar on the right as you enter the hall and a lounge room on the left. The front desk is straight back. The furniture has a very mid century mod feel in the public spaces and rooms.

The elevators are tucked to the right of the front desk.

The suite (1105) was two rooms and the rooms were set out long ways across the front of the hotel. There was a high top desk straight ahead when entering, a large sectional to the left of that. A very large LCD TV was mounted on the wall. Walking between the sofa and the TV leads to the bedroom. It was spacious with another large TV, an armoire on the far wall, a nice king bed. As this is an older building, the windows are small.

The bathroom was well appointed, with a TV in the mirror (LOVE THIS!), a nice shower with a shower tower that had an overhead rain-ish shower, body sprays, and a hand held shower. I do wish you could have the body sprays and rainshower on at the same time. Bath amenities were standard Le Meridien branded.

There was also the espresso maker. For some reason it was hidden in the closet on a tray with no outlet to plug into. I had to pull it out and put on a table. No bid deal but they do need to find a place to put it.

I did have breakfast at the restaurant. Fairly standard fare. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Even offered to put an espresso shot in my coffee to make it a bit stronger.

The hotel was only open 11 days when I checked in. If the staff stay on top of their game like this, the Le Meridien would definitely be my choice in Indy. I think the service was better than I've received at many St Regis properties.

I have a couple of snapshots I'll also post later.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this place perhaps owned/operated by the same group as the Westin Edina Galleria in Minneapolis?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:43 pm

I stayed here this past weekend and thought it was great... a nice change of pace from the Sheraton and Westin in town. The staff was great and the bartenders at Spoke and Steele were a lot of fun. It's updated and more modern than the Canterbury but has obviously maintained the smaller/exclusive feel.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
I'm staying here this week and would like to comment the hotel is superb!

Since I'm here during NCAA Final Four week, my room was on the third floor. Size was a similar city sized room but everything was new and clean. Bathroom was marble, tv was a new Samsung 50 inch.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly and valet was $35 per day with ins and out privileges.

I had breakfast at the restaurant (opted for it instead of points) and am glad I did. Food was delicious, particularly the Pork Belly Benedict and Short Rib Hash. It seemed everything was comped for Plats. If you didn't' want to order a large plate, baked goods and grab and go cups were available. Illy coffee is served in the restaurant and in the lobby.

Gym is decent sized but their equipment is fairly new - bikes even have bluetooth connection!

Compared to the Westin and the Regency, this hotel is a breath of fresh air. My rate was around 160 which was what I would have paid for at the Westin. If you like food and don't mind smaller rooms, I'd wholeheartedly recommend this hotel!
Old Dec 13, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT LIFE, SPG Platinum, LHW LC, Fairmont PC
Great little hotel convenient to Lucas Oil Stadium. Stayed during B1G championship game. Great staff, room, etc. Will return when in Indy!
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold
LeMeridien Indianapolis [Master Thread]

LeMeridien Indianapolis

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

LeMeridien Indianapolis

123 South Illinois STreet Indianapolis, Indiana US 46255

LeMeridien Indianapolis (2 Photos)

LeMeridien Indianapolis

Check In

Came to the hotel relatively late on a Saturday evening and checkin went fast as I had done the online in-app checking prior. Still had to show my CC for verification.

IMG_2762.jpg

Room

IMG_2170.jpg

Had a room on the 8th floor (room 8XX) 1-22 rooms down the corridor to the right when exiting the elevator/lift. Spacious room with enourmous (though a tad short) bed, couch, desk and chair.

Bathroom OK and for once a shower that didn't spill water over the whole place.

Major issues - Woke up a good number of times by

1. What sounded like a tumble dryer kicking in throughout the night
  2. The door did not keep the corridor light out so the room got litt up
  3. Guest room doors slammed badly when closing these so woke up when someone had a very early morning or a late night
  4. Aircondition also very noisy but quite effective so got used the the sound after a few nights.

Service

Very standard, but didn't really use any such other than asking for a taxi to be called for the airport when checking out

Dining

Did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment. You do, though, kind of walk through the restaurant/bar when entering the hotel, and it seemed to be packed most evenings. Staff would always greet and smile when passing by so seemed grand enough...

Very bang on in the middle of Indianapolis and in walking distance to most down town business. There is also a direct entrance to the shopping mall which is quite handy, but a tad difficult to navigater to and from (I only managed once to find it from the shopping arcade :-D).

Lots of restaurants in walking distance from the hotel as well as your usual well known branded coffee place(s).

There is a valet which most of the time made sure the door was held open when arriving and leaving the premises.

Overall

So, because of the poor sleep I had on top of jetlag from Europe I will never return to the Le Meridien Indianapolis. Not only because of the interruption of sleep but also because:

1. At check out I was asked if I wanted the receipt mailed to my address as per my SPG/Marriot account. I get marketing mails without issues but never received the receipt I was promised.
  2. Received a mail from Le Meridien (E*** G***) and was told they would add 5'000 points to my account which never materialized.
  3. Sent a mail to request the receipt and asked where the 5'000 points had gone. Never received a reply

The gym is very very small so had to return to my room at 06:15 as all cardio machines (there are about 3 or 4 I think) were occupied. The gym is otherwise pretty well stocked with a water cooler and towels and a few weights.

LeMeridien Indianapolis

Would you like to write a review on the LeMeridien Indianapolis?

No, thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.