FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Forward Cabin Etiquette: Overhead Bin Space
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:23 pm
StartinSanDiego
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by simons1
It isn't your space and it isn't your job to interfere with another passenger's bags.
If there is an issue then speak to the CC and ask them to help.
Exactly!
@fairhsa, thanks for your candor with this story and for throwing it out for discussion. Unfortunately, I think you crossed the line when you (as opposed to the flight attendant) removed another persons bag from the overhead bin. I think it crosses the line of acceptable. Yes, they hogged the bin, and yes, you had no where in the immediate area for your bag to go, but getting it out of the bin and handing Pax B his bag was out of line. It was a bold move under any circumstances, and you said you lost your temper. I don't imagine the negative attitude was overlooked by either the FA's, Pax B and wife, or other passengers. In short, I suspect you came off rather poorly. I think you would have had more success with simply flagging down the FA and asking for help. Surely the testy interactions for the rest of the flight were unpleasant for everyone.