FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EL AL Religious disaster redux
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2018, 8:40 am
craz
Suspended

Of cause its best no matter what not to fly out on a Thurs, but thats not always possible.I recently had a Thurs flighgt to ZRH connecting to TLV where there were mx problems. The flight was full of dzs of religous familys yet not 1 was willing to approach the FA as I had saying if we arent airborne by a certain time I wanted off unless you can get Swiss to guarantee they will hold the flight @ ZRH, that was a UA flight

Problem was the last time a few months earlier when we arrived late (UA) the LX flight took off, but that was on a Weds so no problem taking LYs Noon flight. But no way can LYs noon flight be taken on a Fri with Shabbos being 6:40pm and getting to Jerusalem in time. I also knew that at best there were 16 seats for the 2 sat night flights (LX/LY) yet there had to be close to 50 religious people which meant trouble

For some strange reason most folks dont workout the #s time wise and think somehow the plane will make it, in the last case thats what happened we left over an hour late (with a 1:15 layover) yet arrived 15 mins early then we were suppose to . Personally I had a friend who lives in ZRH but wasnt there prepare a place with his friend in case I wasnt able to get out

As for LY its simply they want the religious passengers but dont want to be bound by the religious laws, so its time for the religious to move to other carriers or any LY flight from anywhere where the only way the plane can fly is if the crew was traveling on Shabbos or YT to the airport. But then theyd have to shut up about LY not observing Shabbos/YT, a hint they already dont and people are simply turning their heads so they dont have tom acknowledge it

I fully understand LY they wanted to have the ATH plane in TLV so it could fly out on time Sat night, if the plane stayed in ATH then the donimo affect would cause havac with LYs flights going forward. UA did just that but they have to an extent planes to play with unlike LY. The bigest problem for LY is HONESTY, youd be amazed how being Honest with your customers will carry you. Yea some will buck but most I feel will stick by you as long as youre Honest with them, LY is anything but