FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to stay on the Cilentan Coast?
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2018, 2:52 am
Forrest Bump

Programs: LH, BA, TK
I would pick Acciaroli.

Castellabate is far from the coast, but worth a stroll. S.Maria di Castellabate is the sister city on the coast. Pollica is quite far from everything and Acciaroli makes for a good base to explore the surroundings.
Agropoli, don't bother. Maybe just walk up onto the old town castle, but it's not worth an overnight.

I'm assuming you have a car and can freely move around, and will be visiting in low season.

A tip: from the tiny S.Marco di Castellabate port, starts a lesser known hiking track, named "Sentiero delle Sirene".
It's a very easy walk, suitable for most, which leads you into a coastline park, at the tip of Punta Licosa.

Best done in spring and fall since it's when you can breathe the typical mediterranean breeze, the colors are amazing.
After circa half an hour it seems to stop at a church gate. Don't be fooled. You can keep going jumping by the rocks narrowly avoiding getting soaked by the waves, like I did, or overtaking the church by walking along the perimeter of the church yard reconnecting to the coastline ahead (about 1km).

In front of you the island of Licosa. The island of the sirens with the enchanting song mentioned in the Odyssey of Homer.

Afterwards it's a pine forest and you can keep hiking as much as you can.

Last edited by Forrest Bump; Nov 19, 2018 at 4:24 am