FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Yogyakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:38 pm
retirementdreams

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
I reread some of the unfavorable comments about this property, and then read the comments JPDX made...and I totally agree with JPDX. The place was a complete surprise to me...I used a suite upgrade, the room was fine but yes needs some TLC. Several of the electrical outlets weren't working, and the international configurations on 3 of them didn't work for US plugs. Not a major thing, but here it is. The carpets need to be replaced, and the curtains, but the bathroom was large , with both a tub and a separate shower..and pretty much all beautiful marble. The grounds are huge, and gorgeous, very well maintained. I was looking for relaxation, and sure got it--the grounds are very tranquil and well, Asian. I walked them every afternoon enjoying the tranquility. The pool is beautiful, very spread out and meandering, with slides etc. The kids there had a blast--theres also a kids club, golf course, tennis courts and a small obviously not used very much soccer area. What really shines is the staff--every comment or request is created with a smile and gracious response, the food is well prepared and fresh. I commented in the restaurant that I cannot tolerate spicy foods (ok go to Indonesia right) and a staff member walked with me and explained the contents of every single dish. I spent a week there, and loved it. Yes, its very inexpensive by our standards..I'm normally a 'public transportation' type of person and I had a driver pick me up and take me back to the airport when left. Also had a driver take me to the Borobudur for sunrise ..leaving hotel at 0330!!. Unfortunately the sunrise didn't happen, it was misty and overcast, but the spell was amazing. There were numerous Buddhist monks meditating, and for the most part people were quiet and respectful. I'm planning to go back again! There are some good size modern malls (I went to one to have something repaired) and I was usually the only blue eyes there so attracted a lot of attention there from the kids. I will probably couple my return visit with some time in Bali.