FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My First Premier Silver Upgrade Eligible Flight Question
Old Nov 17, 2018, 4:20 pm
theboss7593

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Available seats at T-24 is fairly meaningless since there could be any number of elites on the upgrade list. If you start seeing the MCO-EWR flights go out with empty F, or with novrevs clearing into F, then I'd say you could possibly have a shot. While your chances are not statistically nil, they are very close to it. If you want the upgrade, you should be prepared to purchase it.

Also, the statement about E- not being eligible for upgrades is false. As a Silver, you're stuck in E- until T-24, and any Silver on a higher fare class than you will easily trump you for the upgrade.
Wouldn't other elites already be upgraded at T-48, T-96 etc. if you have 8 seats open? I understand protecting a few seats but all 8 until the gate? Wouldn't it just be Silvers competing ? or possible last minute changers (upper elite) I don't know the system and just trying to understand it... If you read the TOD's thread I have zero problem paying for a TOD upgrade but given this is my first rodeo with UA Silver wanted to try it out..

Last edited by theboss7593; Nov 17, 2018 at 4:31 pm