FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My First Premier Silver Upgrade Eligible Flight Question
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:38 pm
pushmyredbutton

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by theboss7593
In the next 2 weeks aside from the holiday the first flight from MCO-EWR shows pretty good J availability across the board, even at T-24 there is still 4-6 seats available... and upgrades going out (or TODs). To say NIL is a bit aggressive. While, I know the odds of upgrading as a Silver are slim to NIL, I think this has decent shot and was asking the community their thoughts... Why do you think it's a NIL?
Available seats at T-24 is fairly meaningless since there could be any number of elites on the upgrade list. If you start seeing the MCO-EWR flights go out with empty F, or with novrevs clearing into F, then I'd say you could possibly have a shot. While your chances are not statistically nil, they are very close to it. If you want the upgrade, you should be prepared to purchase it.

Also, the statement about E- not being eligible for upgrades is false. As a Silver, you're stuck in E- until T-24, and any Silver on a higher fare class than you will easily trump you for the upgrade.