FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Bombardier Q 400's are Dinosaurs
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:59 pm
Stranger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by letsflyright
My thanks to those who responded and who know what they are talking about. Too many are too eager to respond without doing any research or knowing what they are talking about. I do know the difference between a Dash 8 and a Bombardier Q 400. My itinerary clearly states the plane was supposed to be a Bombardier Q 400. If Air Canada goofed and it really was a Dash 8 that wouldn't surprise me and if Air Canada had to switch planes to a Dash 8 no wonder the carry on wouldn't fit.
So if you know the difference between a Dash-8-300 and a Dash8-400 (AKA as Q400), which one was it actually on that day?

This was award travel and I knew the first of 3 segments would be in Economy. As far as Air Canada marketing the Dash 8 or the Bombardier Q 400 as Business Class and all the naysayers that commented about I have searched award travel and found several trips of 4 segment trips with only the first (Dash 8 or Bombardier Q 400) in "Business" and the remaining 3 in Economy. Not funny is it. Canadian should stop being so proud of Air Canada. It is good at poor service.
So did the itinerary state that that leg was in economy, or in business? AFAIK Aeroplan shows business awards only if at least one leg is in business, and that seemed to have been your case, since as you say the first leg was identified as economy. And no, they don't show legs on Q400 as business. (The examples above were flukes that were actually corrected.)

BTW at least at some times of the year thay do fly A319s with a J cabin on the route too.