FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP - JFK to CLT today!
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2018, 1:20 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by toffeenut1982

This - I was asked what i’d accept to give up my seat. If I go to the airport in a few hours, can I negotiate more or have I effectively given up my advantage now? When I could see the standby and upgrade lists it said I was no 11 of 11 seats on standby..... but as far as i’m aware I should still have a ticketed seat as I haven’t been given any type of voucher yet!! Could I also say I clicked the wrong button by mistake?! ��
BE fares show as "stand-by" when they don't have a seat assignment, but they are not really considered stand-by passengers. That's just how they show the passengers awaiting seat assignments. You are actually considered a confirmed passenger. If you don't show up at the gate, you will be considered a no-show and you won't get anything (it doesn't matter if you bid something or not). This all assumes they actually end up needing seats. My guess is that there will be a number of people who change flights and no-show's and they won't need to bump anyone. They generally will not bump someone just to accommodate passengers who have not been confirmed on the flight and are just standing-by.

Last edited by xliioper; Nov 16, 2018 at 1:27 pm