FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Digital check in How?
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:47 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
In my view, online check-in is only beneficial if you know the hotel well. Whenever I'm a first-time guest at a hotel, I always want to talk to a Front Desk representative because she or he knows the hotel better than I do when it comes to room assignments.
I wish that was my experience. I remember confirming at the front desk that my room was a king and they assured me it was. Got to the room it was a double double! I called down to ask about a different room and while I was standing there between the two beds I was once again assured my room was a king! Fortunately there were other rooms available and as a compromise, she met me in the hallway so I didn't have to schlep all the way back to the FD for new keys. Now if we're talking about possible views (pool, mountains, etc.) or location of lounge and the sort, then yes, I would expect the FDC to know. But I seriously doubt many FDCs have seen the inside of the rooms in their property. Just my observation and surprised when proven wrong.