FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HELP - JFK to CLT today!
View Single Post
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:33 am
toffeenut1982

HELP - JFK to CLT today!

so i’m In Brooklyn, a $75 cab ride from JFK due to check out of my hotel for my 3pm flight to CLT. Last night they asked me how much I’d take to be bumped off the flight. I chose the middle option, $300 which covers the cost of my flight. Last time I was able to look I was on standby and the 12th person for 12 seats. When I check now I get told i’m going to be issued a document to pass security and be given my boarding pass at the gate.... 🤔

There was only only one other flight today that just left so i’m guessing the flight is going to be massively oversold due to everyone who couldn't fly yesterday. There’s also a huge delay - 3pm has turned to 7:30pm and it’s the last flight of the day. What should I do? I don’t want to trek all the way to JFK only to have to pay for a cab back again if i’m not going to get decent compensation for it. This trip isn’t essential (it’s just me visiting a friend for 3 days) so if i’m bumped today I likely won’t go at all. What would you do in this situation? Go to the airport or try and negotiate a price for the seat on the phone?? I fly to the US a lot on a limited budget (my sons father lives here) so vouchers aren’t something I can give up easily as they essentially allow him to see his dad more than either of us can afford to make happen...

Any advice for getting the best outcome here is appreciated! You guys are way better at this than me!!