FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Queen Steamboat Company cheats clients
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:48 am
Randyk47

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Looking at the website for American Queen I see the port fees for a cruise of this length run around $550 +/- per person. I didn’t count the stops but I guess I can see the OP’s claim that the line owes them at least some refund of fees for the missed stop. Never taken a river cruise but we do have a few hundred cruise days on salt water cruises and luckily have only missed a few ports. In every case the cruise line has credited back the port fees to our onboard ship account so that’s kind of my expectation for the OP’s situation. I don’t agree that the OP is owed anything for missed tours unless he paid separately for a tour. American Queen apparently includes a number of no-additional-charge tours at most stops so the OP other than being disappointed about missing a port and a tour is not directly out any money. I suppose the line could throw out a small goodwill refund as a apology for the missed port opportunity but I don’t see that as required.