FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Munich [MUC]
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:17 pm
ondraondra

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Originally Posted by Bavariair

Your LIS flight will either arrive at a G (main terminal) or K (satellite) gate, from where you will just need to go through passport control, no security required, to reach your H (main terminal) or L (satellite) gate. The BOM flight seems to depart from either, so you will need to figure out your gate upon arrival at MUC. Best case, if no transfer between the main terminal and the satellite is required, you just move one level up as you already said, which will be quite fast. If not, you will need to go down to the train and make the quick trip over, which will add about 10mins of time. Passport control queues for transfers at MUC are generally quite manageable, so I would not worry about your connection too much.

I don’t have experience with the assistance services, but I recall seeing them using buggies, so that might be acceptable for your friend I guess in your case I would just book the assistance service just to be sure in the case of an inbound delay, so you don’t have to rush through the airport.
I don't know if this is still relevant, but here is my fresh experience from using special assistance in MUC, multiple connecting flights with different levels of assistance.
Ankle fracture in cast, cannot walk a single step without crutches.

WCHC - highest level of assistance, they even help you walk in the plane and sit you down
WCHS - middle tier, if you cannot climb stairs, wheelchair to the doors of the plane, if no jetway, you get a fancy ambulift out of plane, you will ride with special van directly to your next connecting flight's gate - really efficient even with short connections, even between terminals.
WCHR - lowest level, can climb stairs - you are to deplane by yourself, if no jetway, you have to climb down stairs, you will ride with other passengers and be taken on a wheelchair at the arrival gate and then golfcart to next gate.

Warning: those golfcarts in MUC can only take you within one terminal - if you change form K to G gate, they have to load you on wheelchair, down the elevator, take the train, up with elevator and next golfcart or just wheelchair if the gate is near. Takes a lot of time.

All of the time I got pre-boarding even before business class and priority at security/passport lines, skipping even crews. I felt almost ashamed and I kindly refused the wheelchair a few time for shorter distances.

If your friend has problem with distances, WCHR is the thing to book.Call LH, the online form on their new website is broken.

Overall, the folks at special service are super nice and friendly ^