FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Queen Steamboat Company cheats clients
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:15 pm
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ranles
Sorry that I was not clear. Price I paid for port fees ($100's) divided by the number of ports was about $50. I paid the same for my wife. So we are out approximately $100, if fees for each port are approximately the same.

They missed a major port and did not return the port fees collected. That's the issue.

My further analysis is the WHY I believe they are not responding, and likely will not. While it is only $100 for us, it is $75,000 for this one cruise. They have a lot cruises and boats, how many and long have they done this. So it could be millions for them? or not. Also they may have to come thru with a like sum or more for the entry fees, and labor cost of tours they did not have to perform.
Do you know the charges that are actually charged for each port? I know for international ports, the fees vary greatly.

Do your cruise T&C’s mention port fees, and refunds for missing ports and activities? I know cruises I’ve taken have pretty explicit mentions of such.