FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which brands from Mariott are ultra luxury?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:18 am
EuropeanPete

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
My perception of Ritz Carlton’s is the same after having stayed at perhaps 6-7 over the years. You can tell they are aiming at “luxury” because of the plushness of the furniture and the way everyone calls you “Sir”, but most of the hotels seem highly generic and lacking the vibe that every other luxury hotel chain I know has.

I perhaps associate luxury hotels with distinctiveness in some way: a novel or distinctive design in Park Hyatt’s, notable furnishings, significant art, a notable restaurant, a unique bar, service in Amans, etc. More than any other chain i’ve come across the RC’s do indeed come across as a kind of “luxury Sheraton”.

They’re not always the cheapest in their perspective local markets, but as a customer I’ve found the overal hotel experience is usually the least differentiated vs. picking the nearest Westin or Grand Hyatt.