FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American Queen Steamboat Company cheats clients
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:56 pm
ranles
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
American Queen Steamboat Company cheats clients

Don't know if the title should have a ? or a !.

Took a 22 days river cruise on the Mississippi with the American Queen Steamboat Company. They failed to make one of the ports, without explaining why (reason does not matter). Missing a port, while
disappointing, is not uncommon. What is uncommon is for the cruise line to keep the port fees collected and not refunding them! No replacement port was added.

Further this is a cruise that includes tours and entry fees to venues. No repayment was offered for these either!

So I wrote them a letter. They were consistent, they have not responded. I have held up my trip report (mixed), hoping I would have an outcome first, so it would not taint my report.

The port fees alone would be likely $50+ times 150 passengers times the number of times this has happened before time the number of ships time the number of years operating...a tidy sum for some attorney!

What has been your experience? We have always been reimbursed on our bill (not cruise credit, but money) when this has happened with foreign carriers!