FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyMiles credit on SU flight operated by Rossiya Airlines (Aeroflot subsidiary)
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:49 am
dmitriy55

Programs: DL Diamond, TK Elite+, HHonors Gold, FB, UA, AA
Originally Posted by runningformqm

i had posted in that thread and have now completed my flight!

i received full skyteam benefits and even received an op-up to j for both myself and my companion. also received delta skymiles as if it were Aeroflot (bought tickets through aeroflot...not sure if this makes a difference).

surprised rossiya flies to somewhere other than led from svo, thought rossiya only flew from led and aeroflot handled flights from moscow.
This is super helpful, thank you for the response! What was also exciting about this flight, was that, despite the relatively cheap ticket, it was marked with a B fare code, meaning it was full economy and earning 100% Delta miles. This is unlike most other (reasonably priced) Aeroflot tickets, which receive 25% or 50% for both RDM and MQM.

Originally Posted by ilcannone
Until 2 weeks, they had a fairly decent base in Vnukovo, they moved their entire domestic operation (bar St P, Sochi, and Makhachkala) to Sheremetyevo recently and have more or less taken over Aeroflot's Far East flights to Magadan, Yuzhno Sakhalinsk, Petropavlovsk Kamchatsky (from December), and Khabarovsk, and most Vladivostok flights.
So far they look to have two flights at day (at least on some days), one each operated by Aeroflot and Rossiya

Originally Posted by ilcannone
Should have gone for the actual SU flight (assuming they are still running when you go to Kamchatka!)
Looks like they are still running up into end of Dec, at least. Rossiya is slightly cheaper tix, but, yes, I hear the seat pitch and service are worse. Good thing, though, they are running a non-ER 777-300, which are doing to become a rare aircraft soon enough. Anyways, possibly to fly "normal" SU metal and Rossiya in each direction and see the difference for oneself.