FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:08 pm
Toronto1970

Programs: United Premier 1K
Just wanted to add a datapoint for a relatively smooth conversion and booking. I had a legacy Cat 6 cert. Called in and said I wanted to use it on a new Cat 4 property which I gave him the name and dates for.

He put me on hold immediately and I was afraid of what he might do, since we didn't discuss how the certificate would be converted. Other than the fact that he put me on hold for *40 MINUTES* without coming back to speak to me once, everything got converted as expected. About 25 minutes into the hold I got an e-mail confirming the cancellation of the 870T and my account was up 75K points. 10 minutes later another e-mail came showing the purchase of a QP83 for 45K points.

Only issue was that when I got off hold, I got reconnected to a new agent and not the original one. But since the cert had been converted correctly, it was painless to attach the cert (it was to a Four Points - which as per the Wiki has been converted over to the Marriott system, which presumably was why it was easy for him to do)

Last edited by Toronto1970; Nov 11, 2018 at 11:00 am