FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How is it to close the Rimowa Topas with latches when packing very full vs zipper
Old Nov 10, 2018, 3:38 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by andpgud
The question is if I pack the back like its about to explode with clothes will I manage to close the latched one as you can always squeeze much in a zippered one
With the latches, suitcase alignment and making sure everything is stuffed in fully prior to closing and latching becomes more critical than with the zipper close luggage. But with the latch luggage, once it’s closed, it’s more securely closed than the zipper suitcases. With latch luggage, I am more often kneeing the suitcase to close it than zipper luggage, but that’s probably more an issue of dimensional differences when closed or of the trip nature than of there being a real problem with latch luggage.

The latch luggage does seem to fit in a little less luggage than the zipper ones and pose some more challenge with shoes or bulky cloth items (such as a coat) at times, but even then I prefer the latch system to zipper system for Rimowa bags.