FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moxy Chicago Downtown [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:24 pm
obunewbie17

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Any recent stays here? Would like to know how they treat PLATs
Just had a stay here this week. Personally, I liked the property, but I can easily see that it wouldn't be for everyone. Some things I observed:

1. The Check-In is the bar. Some may say this is a great thing, but it's definitely different. And when they say "we'll have your drink waiting for you" on their website, emails, etc...they mean it. I checked in and they asked if I wanted my check-in cocktail. Some sort of rum punch. Pretty tasty.
---->My platinum premiere status was acknowledged, and I was offered points or a food/beverage credit.

2. The rooms are pretty small and basic, think a smaller version of an AC room mixed with Aloft (if you've stayed at one of those). Very modern. I liked the bed, wasn't crazy about the pillows. The shower was small but good water pressure.They selected good toiletries. There is no iron in the bedroom. Each floor has a communal ironing area.

3. Back to the lobby -- truly eclectic, but it appealed to me. Different board/card cames littered throughout the spacious area. Giant jenga, monopoly, connect four, cards against humanity, etc....there's also a retro arcade table game setup toward the back. Worth noting -- there is no bathroom in the lobby area. You have to go upstairs to the second floor (there's a sign over the doorway leading to the stairs, and there's writing on the stairs/walls pointing the way).

4. Food -- there's a taco bar that's accessible inside and outside of the property. I only had a breakfast taco to go, but it was pretty good.

If you like a quiet, relaxing evening after a long day of work/travel -- this is probably not the property for you. But if you want something a little different and maybe the chance to mingle with some random folks in a VERY casual atmosphere, give it a shot. Depending on the hotel rate at the time, I'd consider staying here again.