FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deflategate; new executive pods deflating in-flight
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:35 pm
Bohemian1

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Although I am actively avoiding any AC 777/787 flights until there's some indication that the problem has gone away, I did book a trip with a 787 leg a while back that I flew today. Across the Atlantic. In a deflated seat. Again.

I checked the seat upon boarding and it seemed okay. But it was one of the slowly leaking seats, and required me to perform the reset process (as documented in the Wiki and sadly now memorized by me) about every 60-90 minutes. This was easy to remember since I woke up every time my bony hips were being displaced by the metal frame underneath, which was my cue to re-inflate.

After a bit of this, I pointed out this issue to our SD. I've encountered my fair share of ignorance and/or apathy from SDs and FAs on this matter, and his response fell into the latter category. He said words to the effect of "oh well, at least it's a slow leak" and he'd make a note of it (he scrawled my seat number on one the tags on a nearby catering bin) and sent me on my merry way so that he could have his supper. No offer of a form and frankly I was too tired to remind him that I was the customer here. Why should we have to fight for something we are paying for? Both J and PY were full, so no alternate seat option (again) either. I will fill out the online form and see what happens.

Oh well, at least the catering ex-CDG was good and the shower in YYZ DOM MLL didn't try to attack me. And there will be no more AC 777/787s in the foreseeable future either.

For the record, this was FIN 845 operating as AC 881 (CDG-YYZ) and the seat in question was 5G. Edit: Issue tracker updated.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Nov 10, 2018 at 11:57 am Reason: Added Issue Tracker update