FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ahoy, mileage runners! (Incl. immediate turnarounds)
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:31 pm
kauppias

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by intuition
It was an provocative and illustrative statement! But to be precise, there are the youth fares were earnings have been in this magnitude.

Check my stats and take a guess what I care...

But seriously, the comaprison with AY+ and I-fare is flawed. It is not about discounted fares, it is about the total strategy. SAS is more and more using the lowest price as strategy for Y in order to compete with LCC. In order to be able to do that, while being a HichCostCarrier, they need to cut all they can. Food, service, points, space, ... you name it.

There is just no way we are going to see lower and lower Y fares and still get fre bag, seat selection, food, drink, ...
We are likely to also see lowest Y fares even void all status perks too, just like BA has started to do. Light fares are not meant to be nice price bargains for frequent flyers. And I think you know this too

As long as they offer a decent price Y with benefits then I would be fine with that. If they offer light at 100€ and Y at 500€ then thats a problem 😂

I dont fly Y if I can avoid it I just buy Prem Y but the cuts to service there have been huge too so I have stayed away there. AY Y is not that pleasant either and their J produxt is not priced nice 😂😂

So... 😁

I wont start on ba 😂😂