FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ahoy, mileage runners! (Incl. immediate turnarounds)
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:07 pm
ffay005

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Chokkoubin
Ahoy mileage runners, I've just signed up to the AY+ status match/challenge for SK Eurobonus members: https://www.finnair.com/se/se/finnai...tier-challenge

Any tips for the fastest way to 40K points from Helsinki?
I think you inadvertently started something that evolved to a pretty negative discussion, but I'm sure you understand it's not your fault that many don't like what AY is doing in Scandinavia at the moment... We're just playing the game by the rules AY sets. However, what do the challenge rules say about being HEL-based? Isn't it only for Scandinavian residents?

Anyway, as you're based in HEL, your best bet is probably Value fares to DEL. See In the footsteps of the Delhi Deli: same-plane return to DEL & 20k points You can either start in HEL (earning 17600 points for a return as Silver) or start in whichever city is cheap atm (try PRG, BUD, WAW, RIX, TLL, ARN) and earn more points, but you of course need positioning flights, too. If you play well, two EUR-DEL runs will get you the Gold card.

Another option would be to hunt down a dirt-cheap J deal. They come and go, and ex-HEL, can be had for €1200–1300. But they don't come often and when they do, you'll likely be looking at getting a Chinese visa and spending a night in some secondary Chinese city.