FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking LATAM/LAN flights with AS Miles
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2018, 10:40 am
PABE

Programs: Alaska 100k
Originally Posted by petomoo
I just go the email with the "50% bonus on purchased miles". Before purchasing miles, I called into Alaska Airlines to see if I could actually use these miles to book a business class ticket on LATAM/LAN with the miles.

The agent could not find any availability in business class from North America to South America.

We searched several different city pairs for a whole week in August of 2019. Miami to Sao Paulo, LAX to SCL, etc.... we might have had one city pair that had availability if that...

This is super frustrating because I had a ton of miles saved to book some Cathay Pacific flights last year, and no availability, ended up going on JAL.

Has anyone here had luck booking business class on LATAM with AS miles?

Thanks!
MAI-GRU is a pre-merger JJ route and is probably not eligible for Mileage Plan redemption (last I tried). Most of the old TAM flights aren't eligible.
LATAM is incredibly protective over their awards for partners I commonly find only 1 seat for a whole month available in business class.

The best way to find seats is to create an account on ba.com and search for availability there. The availability available to Alaska is usually similar/the same as what is available to BA customers.

It is possible to book LAX-SCL (did it last year) in J, but I had to be very flexible on my dates.