FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:44 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
There is no doubt that booking that happens before 9/2019 through the concierge will be covered.

But good luck getting anyone at the concierge booking for you after 9/2019. I wish it would have been that simple - but we all know it is not going to work.
That will *almost* be a deal-breaker for me. Between accepting a worse rate (which you always must do even now to get 4NF) and losing the value of the points and status you get on a traditional booking, all value is pretty much gone if I have to book through the TYP site.

The value would only be on the fringes - an ultra-luxe stay at a brand outside the major chains where elite status and point don't matter, or a limited-service stay where I'm giving up points and just using the portal to save a few bucks (maybe half of the 4th night free, if I'm lucky). If I had two four-night Four Seasons stays per year, I'd still be enthusiastic about this card.