FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige USA refresh: 5X Air,Dine; 3X Hotel,Cruise; Hotel 4NF capped 2X/yr; $495
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:39 am
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I finally got around to thinking about this card this morning when I got my email about the impending devaluation. My first instinct is to cancel the card after my next $250 credit posts.

But I gotta ask this: why do bloggers think these points are worth 1.5-1.7 cents each? The flight redemptions are not that high, and the list of transfer partners is paltry. I literally don't participate in a single program with which they have a transfer option.

Are the bloggers basing their valuations on one of those transfer programs? Is there one that is seen as superior to the others for someone who doesn't actually put their flight EQM's there as well? I know SQ is a great airline, but slow-crawling to an award via credit card transfers seems like too long of a bet on the future.

To date, I've redeemed TYP on short cheap flights via their portal. Stuff where redeeming a traditional miles award would not make sense.