FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Prive RE-launch - All Prive POSTS HERE PLEASE
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:04 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
Not really silly. A little redundant for Globalists but their way of competing with Virtuoso, FSPP, MO Fan club, etc. I love the additional benefits once the price is right.
I don't think it's redundant for globalists, especially not for those who are not booking discount corporate rates.

The upgrade within 24hr is nice. If I book the cheapest room, I can get upgraded to a "deluxe" (or whatever) room immediately. If a standard suite is available at check-in, I can still get it. If not, I get a better room than I might have otherwise.

The welcome amenity is nice (though, many of the nicer Hyatts give this to globalists anyway, despite not being required to... so this one is probably redundant)

At Hyatts with a club, the ability to get restaurant breakfast instead of the club breakfast can be a big bonus. The club breakfasts are often not that good (although, some are AMAZING -- but many are terrible. I often choose to pay to go to a restaurant than eat what they are serving at the club)

The $50 or $100 credit is... well, a $50 or $100 credit. Pretty clear what that's worth.

If all this is available at the same rate that I'm currently paying, it's a no-brainer. If the member rate is a significant discount over the standard rate, and Prive is not available at the member rate, then I can decide on a case-by-case basis. The hotel credit will often wipe out any difference anyway.

So, if, even as globalist, I have to go through an agent to get this, then I'll go through an agent to get it.