FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Seasons Seoul, Korea -- Reviews and Comments
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:44 am
Aventine
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kimchi278
Lubosh was the manager when I stayed there. I mentioned the shrimp incident to him and only after contacting corporate did he take the complaint seriously. However, when he invited me a complimentary stay of course I declined. However my friends who were coincidentally staying there when he and I were conversing were upgraded to a palace view suite from a studio suite so that was very much appreciated.

A staff member of the club lounge was telling his friend about me (I guess that it was weird that I was staying alone and staying in the ambassador suite) but didn't know that friend was an acquaintance of mine. I found out through small talk and was unimpressed because I always imagined 4s staff having the utmost discretion.

I really love the service at the Shilla but the location is not great and I wish the windows were floor to ceiling. I've stayed in their third to highest suite and it just seemed so basic.

I tell all my friends who visit Korea, you have to compromise ONE thing when deciding on a hotel in Seoul: location, room condition or view.
Pretty big failure in both cases! I would be extremely unhappy to be gossiped on too. The allergy should have been taken more seriously and shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. Usually, FS properties are very vigilant with allergies and proactive to make substitutions.

The Club Manager at FS Seoul is great. Friendly, attentive and helpful.

You're pretty much right about Seoul luxury hotels. Views are pretty pathetic though compared to other world class cities. Either Namsan, Han river, Signiel 100 storey high apartments or city view.

Last edited by Aventine; Nov 8, 2018 at 1:49 am