FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Package General Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:05 pm
rocketman007

Struggling with a Marriott 7 Night Certificate.... I purchased it under the 'old' system at a category 7, and recently called to have this converted to a category 5 since they don't do it automatically. Unfortunately, Marriott is now telling me this is a partial package that can only be redeemed for up 7 nights up to 115,000 points. This makes no sense, and one rep even agreed, however no one could do anything about it. They repeatedly told me I needed to find a cat 5 hotel for under that amount of points, which is impossible for 7 nights.

Under activity, it shows this when the did the 'conversion': Partial Package - 7 Nights Category 5 11/04/2018, Ordered -115,000 Rewards. The email says they used QP90, which I don't see listed anywhere in this thread.

We spent almost 2 hours on the phone across 4 reps, and no one could help. When we asked for a supervisor, they just transferred us back to the waiting pool on hold. The final person transferred us to some 'lead' advisor, who put us on hold, only to eventually hang up. Does anyone have any thoughts on what to do here? Either they converted it wrong, or Marriott reps are not familiar with redeeming these converted packages....