FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You guys have gotta face facts.
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2001, 3:13 am
Skystar

Sad about Switzerland as well, the world aviation industry is very sick at the moment, and is in dire need of a panacea. Think about it, it's like Kendell replacing Ansett.

For some lucky ones, it comes in the form of Government funding. For some lucky ones, it's a ticket to buy a bunch of French executive jets (hmmn, UA) - there are a lot of unhappy people.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nyt/200...ob_cuts_1.html

It's understandable that pax feel sour at Ansett, however it's only in their interests that AN is up in the air again. Some pax realise that. When you can get comparable tickets on AN for a lower price than on QF and DJ in most situations, I think AN should be supported. I utterly reject the notion that Australia cannot handle a few carriers - AN's demise was not caused by too small a market, rather a poor business, which was mismanaged, and starved of capital. Had it been a lean and mean operation, I'm sure it would have been able to survive.

AN II does have points over DJ, namely superior legroom, Business Class seating if you're lucky! Judging by today's results, better schedule integrity as well (DJ is better than QF though).

Cheers,

Justin