FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bag Lost by Iberia but Fly again today on BA
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:36 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by stu287
Hi FT
I may be being a little sceptical here but I am not too confident that I will arrive to see my bag in Washington this evening.
I must admit I have my doubts too. But still let's hope for the best here. Welcome to Flyertalk stu287 and welcome the British Airways forum, it's good to see you here.

This is essentially an Iberia issue, and they're not going to be seeing the IAD service as part of what you paid for - moreover IB aren't renown for generosity in this area either. Plus as you say, you are technically at your home base. Laptops aren't a great idea in checked bags, they aren't insured by airline or most insurance policies either.

For clothing and cosmetics, I think this one is going to depend on your insurance policy, and even there the two flights factor could inhibit cover. I guess if you do end up self insuring and buying some more clothes then at least they could be items that will be of use to you for some time to come.