FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving to AMS...go with BA?
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:02 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Youngtraveldude
Love all of the differing opinions Right now leaning towards this....stick with OW and go BA (or AA?) for everything other than short-haul European flights. Would go KLM, EasyJet or similar or train for those....and looking at some sample flights through Concur (what my company uses), looks like if I book OW the fare code is usually the Economy 'lower', not the 'lowest', so earning becomes a bit easier. Seems like KLM/FB earning is more challenging than BA since it's very straightforward and goes simply by class, and not fare code. My work travel will always be in economy and our personal travel generally economy, maybe PE, so feels like earning status with KLM/FB is more challenging than earning with BA, especially given I get that 'lower' earning for my work travel. Plus for any work or personal travel to Asia for example, going on a OW partner like Qatar, earns considerably more Tier Points. And the connection in LHR for non short-haul isn't a big deal IMO. Have done it many times and generally it's a 15 minute inconvenience, so no biggie for me.

Knowing all of that, think I'm on the right path?
I’m not clear where you get the ‘15 minute inconvenience’ from. Any detour via LHR will add at least one hour, probably much more, to your travel time.