FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Member Edition: UC access changes Nov 1, 2019 (same day BP on UA or partner)
Old Nov 3, 2018, 11:42 pm
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
UA continues to help me justify my AMEX Platinum card and entrance to Centurion lounges and Priority Pass lounges. With the change in 1K PQD qualification next year, OAL are my future. This lifetime member will be "unleashed" in 2020.

I have never paid for the UC as never saw the benefit (and rarely flew domestic on a regular basis until last year) and rarely use the UC when eligible these days as better options, but I would be annoyed if I paid for the UC and my usage would now decrease. Perhaps a matter or perspective of whether you are based in a hub or not.
I am also looking at Priority Pass Lounges now, because of my international travels.

This policy impacts me because I do fly OAL out of HKG often and the UC membership has been a benefit to use HK United Club.

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
I paid for a lifetime CO Club membership based on being able to access it regardless of what airline (or even if) I was flying. I would not have paid if it was this limited.

Sounds like it's time for a class action if UA doesn't carve out an exception for lifetime members.
Lifetime member here! Not happy at all!

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Nov 4, 2018 at 12:00 am