FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which is the best option for business class between the A330-200 and A380-800?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:30 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by MrLee
I'll be flying Qantas for the first time next month, going from Hong Kong to Sydney. There's two flights, one which is an A380-800 and another on an A330-200.

The 'flight information' says the A330 has an angled flat seat in business class, whereas the A380 says fully flat. I've had an angled flat bed with AirAsia before and it was very uncomfortable for me. However, when I look on the Qantas website I can't find any mention of an angled flat seat on the A330, only business suites with fully flat beds.

Is there one which is generally better than the other between the A380 and A330, please?

Many thanks
The order of preference would be A330 suites->A380->A330 angled

There's no information on the angled seats because Qantas promised nearly six years ago that all A330s would be refurbished with the new suites by now I think there is some fine print at the bottom of one of their pages alluding to 'other business class products' or something like that. But unless you knew what they're talking about it's easy to miss.

The A380s suffer from drooping beds, not ideal. Have a look at the seat map for the A330 to confirm 2-2-2 (angled) or 1-2-1 (full flat). If unsure, you can use Qantas chat for them to confirm with you.